NEW JOB VACANCY FILM AND EVENT MEDIC
We love what we do and are a constantly growing and evolving family of staff. We’re always looking to improve and innovate in the way we deliver our services.
We are looking for a new Production & Event Medic to add to our vibrant and ever-growing team. We want applicants who are hungry to learn more and develop both themselves, and the company, and embrace the Lubas Medical culture.
Lubas Medical Production & Event Medic Job Description & Specification
Role: Production & Event Medic
Salary: £19,217 - £22, 458 - basic 40 hours office work
(£24, 024 - £28, 462 - 50 hours on set production medic.)
Basic salary is based on a 40-hour week – pro rata when on set
Office Location: Lubas Medical, Pinewood Studio Wales, Cardiff
Hours: Variable (minimum 10 hour days on set)
Benefits: Use of Lubas company car during work hours
Auto-enrolment into Lubas Pension Scheme
Additional paid Christmas Holidays (following successful probation)
Free eye care (up to £100)
Healthy eating programme – free fruit
Lubas are offering the rare opportunity for you to use your medical skills in a sociable and creative environment.
The Lubas Production & Event Medic role will primarily consist of providing medical care and assistance, consultancy and aid on set (Productions) or during local, national and international events. The hours on set would be 50 hours minimum and the wage is pro rata.
Part of the role also includes 9 – 5 office work assisting the film and events team. The basic wage is based on the minimum hours the medic would be required to work (40 hours).
We pride ourselves on our flexible services to suit each different event and production. We have built up many long-standing relationships by offering an adaptable, professional and friendly approach that all our medics are expected to project when representing Lubas.
Prospective applicants should understand that the Production & Event Medic role requires the following specification:
• Applicants must firstly be fully prepared to embrace the Lubas Medical culture, and maintain and abide by our principles of work.
• It is essential that applicants have experience and hold a valid qualification in advanced first aid as a minimum.
• Applicants must hold a valid UK driver’s licence.
• Applicants must be adaptable – different productions & events require different approaches that are specified by the organiser.
• We require our Production & Events Medics to be personable and approachable – we excel at building relationships and trust with our customers. To continue this medics must be friendly and helpful to every customer.
• Organisational skills are essential to maintaining a high attention to detail.
• Medics must be self- sufficient and capable of planning the week ahead.
• Travel will be required on most working days. Applicants must, therefore, be flexible and willing to travel.
• Shifts will vary and may include evenings, nights and weekend work. Applicants must also be flexible with shift patterns.
• Applicants must be keen to take initiative. Medics are responsible for ensuring they have full information regarding the event/production they are working on.
• All Lubas staff are ambitious and keen to develop their roles within Lubas Medical. We expect applicants to feel the same way and take the same approach to work.
• We rely on all our staff to look for opportunities to be innovative in the way we deliver our services. This also includes looking for ways of increasing and customising our services to suit each individual customer.
• Production & Event Medics should always be looking at ways to improve their own skills along with the development of the company
• Medics will be working in a social environment. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and look to always interact with the customers where appropriate.
• Ambulance Technician, A&E Technician or Nurse would be preferable
• Any previous experience as a Unit and/or Event Medic would be advantageous
• Additional C1 driving licence and/or blue lights trained
• Any additional skills and qualifications that we do not currently have within Lubas Medical.
• Evidence of up to date Continual Professional Development
• Qualifications in Advanced Life Support
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your C.V. to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 14th August 2017
Start date: 4th September 2017