Principles for Safe Training – COVID 19
Following recent events relating to COVID-19, we have implemented the following to ensure your safety and maintain social distancing during Lubas training courses:
- All Lubas courses will now have elements of online training to reduce face to face contact (blended learning).
- A 2-metre distance between attendees must be maintained where possible during the course.
- Where the 2-metre distance cannot be maintained, attendees and Lubas staff must wear relevant PPE.
- All attendees will be seated at least 2 metres apart from each other and the instructor.
- 2 metre distancing will be indicated using signage and tape for attendees to follow.
- All instructor demonstrations will be run while maintaining 2 metre distance from attendees.
- Where possible, some practical scenarios may be run outdoors.
- Attendees will be discouraged from travelling to the course together in one vehicle.
Surfaces & Equipment
- Lubas Medical will provide hand sanitiser for attendees at all courses.
- Appropriate PPE will be available for attendees on all courses where personal PPE is not provided by attendees.
- Access to handwashing facilities is available throughout courses.
- The training environment will be disinfected before and after each day of the course.
- All communal hard surfaces, door handles and appliances to be disinfected before and after every course.
- Hand washing breaks will be provided at regular intervals.
- Any shared equipment will be disinfected before and after every use.
- All training equipment will be disinfected before and after training as is already standard practice.
- Digital/email sign in and feedback forms may be used to reduce the need for sharing/using pens & paper and reduce crowding at the start of the course.
Reduced Group Contact
- Only 1 person at a time will be allowed access into the toilets
- Only 1 person at a time will be allowed access to the communal kitchen area.
- Attendees will each be given a staggered arrival time and will be asked to leave 1 at a time. to reduce crowding at the start and end of the course.
- Where possible, attendee lunch breaks may be split.
- When the weather permits, attendees may be asked to take their lunch breaks outdoors.
- We will limit the number of attendees on any given course to allow for social distancing.
Reduction of airborne contamination
- Attendees will be encouraged to follow COVID-19 personal hygiene advice when sneezing and coughing.
- Any attendee that shows symptoms of COVID 19 either before or during a course, will be asked not to attend or to leave immediately. An appropriate and suitable date will be arranged to complete the course.
- All attendees and instructors will wear relevant PPE throughout the course.
- Attendees will have their temperature taken at the start of each day. Any attendee with a confirmed temperature above 37.8 degrees Celsius will be asked to leave the course.
- Office doors will remain open during courses to allow airflow and ventilation
- Windows will be open when possible to encourage airflow and good ventilation
- The use of air conditioning units will be restricted as per National guidelines.
If you have any queries regarding any of the above prior to the course, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any concerns relating to COVID 19 or any of the principles outlined above during the course, please refer them to the instructors on the day.