Lubas is a family run business based in Cardiff. We provide an array of Medical Training, Event & Production Staff and services that suit a range of needs.
We love what we do and are a constantly growing and evolving family of staff. We’re always looking to improve and innovate in the way we deliver our services.
We are looking for a new Unit Medic to add to our vibrant and ever-growing team. We want applicants who are hungry to learn more and develop both themselves, and the company, and embrace the Lubas Medical culture. The role is for temporary, fixed term, full-time employment.
Lubas Medical Unit Medic Job Description & Specification
- Role: Production & Event Medic
- Salary: £11 per hour on set | £9.37 per hour when office based
- Duration: Fixed term temporary contract 1st June 2019 – 1 st February 2020
- Office Location: Lubas Medical, Pinewood Studio Wales, Cardiff
- Hours: Variable (minimum 10 hour days on set)
- Benefits: Use of Lubas company car during work hours, Auto enrollment into Lubas Pension Scheme, Additional paid Christmas Holidays (following successful probation), Free eye care (up to £100) and Healthy eating programme – free fruit
Lubas are offering the rare opportunity to for you to use your medical skills in a sociable and creative environment.
The Lubas Unit Medic role will primarily consist of providing medical care and assistance, consultancy and aid on set (Productions).
We pride ourselves on our flexible services to suit each different production. We have built up many long-standing relationships by offering an adaptable, professional and friendly approach that all our medics are expected to project when representing Lubas.
Prospective applicants should understand that the Unit Medic role requires the following specification:
- Applicants must firstly be fully prepared to embrace the Lubas Medical culture, and maintain and abide by our principles of work.
- It is essential that applicants have experience and hold a valid qualification in First Response in Emergency Care (FREC) level 3 (or FPOSi) as a minimum.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be adaptable – different productions require different approaches that are specified by the organiser.
- We require our Unit Medics to be personable and approachable – we excel at building relationships and trust with our customers. To continue this, medics must be friendly and helpful to every customer.
- Organisational skills are essential to maintain a high attention to detail. Medics must be selfsufficient and capable of planning the week ahead. This may also include scheduling additional medics for the production they work on.
- Travel will be required on most working days. Applicants must therefore be flexible and willing to travel.
- Shifts will vary and may include evenings, nights and weekend work. Applicants must also be flexible with shift patterns.
- Applicants must be keen to take initiative. Medics are responsible for ensuring they have full information regarding the event/production they are working on.
- All Lubas staff are ambitious and keen to develop their roles within Lubas Medical. We expect applicants to feel the same way and take the same approach to work.
- We rely on all our staff to look for opportunities to be innovative in the way we deliver our services. This also includes looking for ways of increasing and customising our services to suit each individual customer. Unit Medics should always be looking at ways to improve their own skills along with the development of the company.
- Medics will be working in a social environment. Applicants should have excellent communication skills and look to always interact with the customers where appropriate.
- Ambulance technician, A&E technician or nurse would be preferable.
- Any previous experience as a unit and/or event medic would be advantageous.
- Additional C1 driving licence and/or blue lights trained.
- Any additional skills and qualifications that we don’t currently have within Lubas Medical.
- Evidence of up to date Continual Professional Development.
- Qualifications in Advanced Life Support.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your most recent CV to email@example.com
Application closing date: 3rd May 2019.