We’re looking for a Training Officer to join our experienced training team.
The Lubas Training Officer role is key to providing consistent delivery of all Lubas training services to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will have a real drive to deliver exceptional training and a desire and hunger for personal development in the role.
You’ll be responsible for delivering a variety of basic & advanced level emergency skills to medical professionals. You’ll also teach our internationally recognised First Aid for Sport & Exercise and Sports Trauma Management courses to healthcare professionals in sport.
Why Choose Lubas?
We’re a small team that makes a big impact. We deliver our training & services nationally & internationally, at all levels, from local sports teams & schools to national & international Universities, Colleges & Sports organisations.
As a key part of our team, the Training Officer will support our customers by teaching our courses to the highest possible standard. Your work will have a direct impact on meeting our customers expectations.
We also love what we do. We work in a professional but relaxed environment and encourage each other to have fun at work. We’re a friendly, sociable and welcoming team keen to ensure new staff fit right in.
So, if you’re looking for a job you genuinely enjoy, with plenty of autonomy & responsibility where each day is different and exciting, you should choose Lubas!
- 40 hours a week
- 9am - 5pm (though this is flexible).
- The role is office based with travel required on most days.
Starting rate of £35,000 per annum
Successful applicants must:
- Have the ability and desire to teach at all levels including delivery of training to medical professionals.
- Hold a valid Nursing or Paramedic qualification to enable them to teach at Advanced Life Support (ALS) level.
- Be flexible and willing to travel on most working days including international travel where required. Overnight stays will also be required for some training courses.
- Embrace our culture and principles of work.
- Evidence current Continual Professional Development.
- Hold a valid UK driver’s licence.
Successful applicants should have:
- Experience teaching medical professionals.
- Experience working in a pre-hospital emergency environment.
- Experience delivering/developing blended or online training.
- A teaching qualification or teaching experience.
- A valid C1 driving licence and/or blue lights trained.
The core competencies needed to carry out the role are:
- Enthusiasm - you will need to show a passion for the role and the job we do as a company.
- Reliability & Discretion - you may often learn of, or handle, confidential & sensitive information.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - ability to adapt your approach or learned processes to develop more effective way of teaching.
- Friendliness and Approachability - to enable continual building of long – term relationships with our customers.
- Teamwork - you should thrive working within a team and always be keen and happy to help and support others
- Work Ethic - you should always show a willingness to work hard to the job done
- Organizational & Planning skills - you will need to display excellent attention to detail and plan & organize your workload
- Forward Thinking - Be willing to embrace new technology and innovative ways of delivering training.
- Communication - you will need to be able to speak and write clearly and maintain standards in both written and verbal communication
The Training Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide delivery of all courses as required
- Follow & develop course lesson plans
- Manage your training calendar
- Assist in developing new courses as required
- Assist in updating & maintaining current course content as required
- Maintain your training kit ensuring it is clean and in good working order.
- Build & maintain customer relationships as part of training delivery.
- Assist with the filming and delivery of online training
- Provide medical cover with our pitchside team where needed
- Maintain your instructor qualification
- Enhance your personal CPD
- Maintain your professional qualification
- Keep up to date with latest relevant guidelines (Resus Council etc)
- Attend internal clinical meeting
- Attend relevant conferences & seminars (Resus Council, ACPSEM etc)
- 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Free eyecare (up to £100)
- Extended Christmas holidays
- Flexibility of time off for medical appointments
- Auto-enrol pension scheme
- Use of company vehicle during working hours
Every day is different at Lubas Medical. If you enjoy variety at work and have a passion for delivering expert customer service, apply now!
If you're interested in applying for the Lubas Training Officer role, please email your C.V. with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here.